Wednesday, March 16, 2016

What's on My Hook? Newborn Easter Bunny, and a finished Heating Pad Cover.

Good Morning my crochet friends!

I have not updated in awhile but I have been busy, busy!

I wanted to show you a few things I have been working on. 

First off, my granny square top. 

This top is made from Elann Tarantella yarn in Bermuda Sunrise.

This is a fingerling weight yarn and I am using a 3.5 hook.

The colorway is gorgeous!




Isn't this yarn beautiful? It is going to need blocking, and it's a little scratchy but it's going to turn out great, I think! The pattern is simple. Here is the site I used for it. There isn't really a pattern, but she describes it well enough that I should be able to make my own and put it together pretty well.


Next is the heating pad cover I have been working on.

The cover that came with my new heating pad is polyester and not good to lay on.

I basically just DC 2 rows, SC one row. I made 2 panels, and SC them both together.

This made a great and easy cover.




This is the finished product. It turned out great and I can wait to use it, but I can't!

Last but not least a friend of mine contacted me to make her 2 outfits for a newborn.

One outfit is done all but the tail, and face of the bunny.

Here is the link I used for the pattern:


This pattern was from Repeat Crafter Me.

I have to make the doggie pattern too but I have to buy some brown yarn to finish it.

For the diaper cover I used this pattern:


Here are a few pictures of the bunny outfit in progress.

It's really adorable.


Newborn Hat w/out ears


This is the double ear picture. The ears are put together in pairs so they will be strong enough to stand up. I didn't put a pipe cleaner in them, as they stand up by themselves.




This is the super easy diaper cover. This picture makes me smile. It looks like the woman's reproductive system. This is the easiest pattern ever. Easy to follow, and no special stitches. It just needs a button at the top for the closure and a little tail on the back in pom-pom style in pink.


Once it's folded this is what it looks like. Yes, my ends need wove in but I am not done with it yet.


This is almost a finished product. It needs a face on the hat, the ears attached, a button and a tail. Nothing that will take hours. I just need to sit down and finish it.

Did you see the video for the doggie face? That one is next on my list. My friend asked me to make them for her daughter. I am trying to finish the bunny in time for Easter. I will get this done.

This pattern was super easy. I have never made anything for a baby, this was the first but I am totally amazed at how easy it was and how little time it took. I don't have any babies around, and my son is still a little young to made me a grandma. He is 20 and I am 42. None of us are old enough! 

I followed the pattern for a newborn but the website has all different sizes so you can make your own.

That's what has been on my hook lately.

Since the chemo has taken a back seat for a month, I have had a little time to finish all my projects. The granny shirt is going to take all my time for a bit until I get the right color of brown for the doggie pattern. I am so grateful to Jeanie for asking me to make them for her. It gives me great pleasure for people to ask for my work and pay for it. Amazing. I never thought I would learn to crochet, much less get paid for something I love to do. 

The heating pad cover was a must. I have to have a heating pad for the chemo. Sometimes I get so cold I can't quit shaking and a heating pad is the perfect solution. I got a converter for the vehicle that plugs into the lighter so I can plug the heating pad into the socket and use it as I go back and forth to treatment. It works great!

I hope to be able to update more later as I get further along in my crochet.

Once the face gets on my bunny I will show you the whole thing.

I just wanted to stay on track with you and show you all my WIP's that are slowly getting finished.

I hope everyone reading has a great day. Here in WV we have had a warm spell but the end of the week is calling for a spit of snow. This is weather for crazy town, but spring is just around the corner.

Have a great day!

Keep Hookin'

~Crystal













No comments:

Post a Comment