Monday, May 11, 2015

Yarn of the Month Tribe


Good Evening my crochet friends.

I have something to share with you this evening.

Have you ever heard of the Yarn of the Month Club?

You can go to the website HERE

Here is the information from the site.








Here's how it works ... Every month we deliver two to four generous samples of the newest and most interesting yarns available for the season.  With enough to knit a traditional 5" x 5" blanket square or swatch you can experiment, design, and play with a variety of weights and fibers without investing in a whole skein, all the while working toward a gorgeous knitted blanket (or two or three).

We have done lots of research and groundwork to make sure you get a great selection – from tried-and-true mills like Rowan and Debbie Bliss to small and fabulous boutique yarn makers.  We are certain you will have a hard time choosing your favorite! 




I decided last month that I was going to give this a try.

I have been wanting to subscribe to a yarn club but sadly, most of them are out of my budget. So, the prices were reasonable and I decided to go ahead and order.

First off, I got a receipt from them but that was all. I ordered on the 15th of April and I just got the package today.

I did make a phone call to the Yarn of the Month and got it all settled.
My yarn was on its way.

It came in the mail today.

I had high hopes, I was very excited to get this little package. 

Once I seen the envelope that the yarn was in I started to wonder about it...

"Is there anything in this bag?"

Yes, here it is.


This is what I received.

I got a page telling me about the pattern included.

Totally useless for me because it is knitting. I can knit, but no where near well enough to complete this pattern.

The pattern is called the Seaside Tee for baby's first birthday.

This gives you the pattern, and tells you all you need to know.

It also tells about the samples of yarn included.

Now, it says that you can knit a couple rows for 5 inches. WOW. (insert sarcasm)


This is how the yarn came packaged. The information is on a sticker and its sealed in these little ziploc bags.

Here is the yarn info....

1. ECO BABY PRINTS~Beautiful liquid colors you can practically smell the beach.

2. PRIMA KURI~A Solid worsted summer cotton. (solid blue)

3. COTTON SOFT~Soft and funky colors.

Ok, thats it for the yarn. 

I have no clue what I will do with these little samples of yarn.

I did NOT think that for almost $10 bucks the yarn would have been this small.

but then again, it's $10 bucks.

I keep thinking I could get a nice skein of yarn for that. 

I don't think I am going to continue this subscription.

The yarn is lovely, but not what I expected or was looking for.

If you use little bits and samples of yarn, or you crochet a lot and want to learn about yarn and the fibers then this may work for you.

It's not for me.

I guess I will discontinue the subscription and try something else.

I would love to be able to afford yarn box, or those yummy colored hanks that are hand dyed and out of my price range. (I keep trying to review a gorgeous yarn but no luck yet :-()

I believe I am going to try Mary Maxium Crochet Club of the Month.

You get a knit or crochet pattern, and enough yarn to do that month's project for the first month, $9.99. To continue it's $12.99 a month.

I think that sounds like good fun. I love quick projects. 

The satisfaction of a completed item is wonderful!

DO YOU BELONG TO A YARN OF THE MONTH CLUB OR SUBSCRIPTION YARN BOX?

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT IF YOU DO. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOME MORE INPUT ON THE AVAILABLE YARN CLUBS.

In no way am I saying this Yarn of the Month Club is terrible. They were very nice when I called. It's just not for me, or what I was looking for.

You may love it.

I didn't.

I have another crochet post planned for this evening. I have been trying to work on it enough to share today. 

Its an African Flower pillow project! Squared!

Stay tuned!

~Crystal









March 2015

Rübezahl by Steinbach Wolle

Moments by King Cole


No comments:

Post a Comment