Thursday, May 7, 2015

#SeaGlassBeachBag Pattern & Say Hi on FB!



and that is why I am here this early. 

WELCOME!!!

I went to bed last night before nightfall and I slept until 4 am this morning. So, I watched the sun come up.

I got the Facebook Fan Page up for my blog.

I would love it if you would stop by and say hello.


Thank You!

I have been super busy here at home. My landlord decided to open up the floor below my home and my oldest son moved in. 

Since I have been hurt, he has been moving. So I have not taken it easy like I should have but he had to have carpets cleaned, curtains hung, cabinets wiped down. It's almost like Spring cleaning 2 homes. 

I have to go out to help my gran with her house today. 

I just can't heal. I need a day off.

I haven't been crocheting much lately. 

I have got all this new yarn I won and I haven't even begun to imagine what that yarn is going to tell me.

I did find 2 pillow forms that I can granny square. I also want to cover my light in the charcoal and pink like my queen blanket and shams. I bought curtains in a pewter from my $100 Kohl's win from Still Blonde After All These Years


I want to share a pattern with you today. 

I love to make bags.

I borrowed this Crochet book from my mom.


Its by DK. (Discover More)

That is the link from Amazon.com

This book tells you everything you need to know from a beginner to anything goes!

I picked out a few patterns to make and finally settled on this one...


The bag shown in the picture is made from Hemp. It gives it a straw feel and look. I just used my regular acrylic crafty yarn. Nothing special but in gorgeous colors.


Yes, its early. Yum. White Chocolate Cappuccino.


That is the almost finished bag. I have the button and latch to do still.



I ran out of white, and had to outline in the green.

Not happy with it, but I will not order another yarn just for 4-5 inches.

Now, I am still looking for a suitable button.

STILL

Want the pattern for this simple beach bag? I call it my #SeaGlassBeachBag

Here goes....

The bottom of this eye catching yet practical bag is worked in rows and then the rest of the bag is worked in the round to the desired height.

Essential Information

Difficulty Level: Easy
Size: 12 1/2 x 22 in. (32x56cm)
Yarn: Any Aran, durable yarn, will hold double, such as cotton, linen or string will work.

(once again, I just used regular acrylic yarn)

2 colors
A:7 orange
B:6 green

Crochet Hook: H/8 US (5mm) hook 
Notions: Yarn Needle, 3/4 in button (2cm)
Gauge: not essential

Note: Ch 2 at the beginning of each hdc row or round is classed as the first st worked in the first st of previous row.

Ch 1 at the beginning of each sc row or round is classed as the first st worked in the first st of previous row.

Hold yarn double for extra strength.

PATTERN:

Foundation Row: with yarn A, work 47 ch. 

Row 1:  HDC in 3rd ch from hook and in each ch across, turn, 46 sts.

Row 2: Ch 2, HDC in each stitch across, turn, 46 sts

Row 3-11: Repeat Row 2
(NOW WORKING IN ROUNDS)

Round 1:  Ch 1, sc in each st to end of row, 2 sc in each row end, 1 sc in back of each foundation ch, 2 sc in each row end, join with a ss, 136 sts.

Round 2: Ch 2, HDC in each st around, join with a ss.

Rounds 3-16: Repeat round 2

Rounds 17-28: With yarn B, repeat round 2.

HANDLES: 

Round 29: Ch 2, HDC in next 12 sts, 60 ch, skip next 20 sts, HDC in next 35 sts, join with a ss.

Round 30: HDC in each st and ch around, join ss. 

Rounds 31-32: HDC in each st around.

Fasten Off.

FASTENING FLAP:

With yarn B, work 11 ch.

Row 1: SC in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, turn. 10 sts.

Row 2: Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn. 10 sts.

Row 3-4: Repeat row 2.

Row 5: Ch 1, sc in first 4 sts, 2 ch, skip next 2 sts, sc in last 4 sts, turn. 

Row 6: Ch 1, sc in first 4 sts, sc in each of the 2 chs, sc in last 4 sts, turn.

Row 7-20: Repeat row 2.

SC evenly around entire flap to neaten. 

Fasten Off.

Sew Flap and Button onto Bag.

***This bag taken from the pattern IN THIS BOOK is made with Expressions hand-colored hemp, 4 ply, 93 yards/85m/93 yards, in A:WOW (orange) and B:YIPPI (green).

***This bag has a very sturdy base, achieved by working in straight rows. The hemp yarn used here makes for a summery feel, but for a slightly more rigid bag use raffia.



I think it's adorable and the pattern is so easy. 

I will have mine finished today. I recommend the stronger yarn some other option. I think Hemp is best though. 

This bag will go up for sale HERE on Facebook

I figured until I can get some stock for my Etsy store I would put what I have been making lately and most of that are bags and purses.

It's just pleasure crochet for me. 

I love to make things. 



If you enjoyed this blog post or made this bag from the pattern in the book, I would love to see it. 

Show off your work on my Facebook Blog Fan Page, Please!





~Crystal












No comments:

Post a Comment