Sunday, May 3, 2015

My #RoadTrip Scarf from Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog...

Hey everyone, I know its late for a post but I wanted to share this last thing with you today. 

I was a tease earlier.

I have a few things to show you but one BIG thing.


and if I do say so myself, it's lovely. 

Here are a few pics and for those of you who want to make your own 
just click the link above and it will take you right to it. Make sure to bookmark or save. I have a feeling once you make one you will be making road trips more often.

The pattern is super simple. Starting from a triangle and worked up. Basically fillet crochet with a pretty edging and a few little blooms thrown in.

The blooms were the last to go on because I was not sure how I felt about them but they MAKE the scarf. I had to put them on there. 

Here is some of the ones at Zooty Owl's






Gorgeous, aren't they.



Here ya go....


Start....



Getting there....


Finally finished, and put the blooms on.


They really make the shawl, the little extra time it took made it worthwhile, I love it. 


Upside down but pretty all the same...


This pattern only took one ball of Boutique Unforgettable in Parrot. 
I have almost a whole ball left. Depending on size this can be a one skein scarf easily, especially if you plan to wear it around the neck like I am, in a casual way.


Here are a few things that are on my hook. Always have at least 2 or 3 #Wips. I get bored easily and like to switch.

Isn't that the best funny? I love it.  A friend found it and passed it on to me. She knew I would appreciate the humor in it. 

I love that its a vehicle and I made a road trip scarf. How fitting :-)
It was meant to be.

Here is some of my inspiration...


This is going to be the blue one below. I have the belt. It is already big enough, I just need to seam up and attach hardware.


The one above it made out of an old sweater.
I figured yarn would work just as good, and I think I am really close to it looking the same.

I will post it when I get it finished.

I got my bedroom done. I ordered pewter curtains to match the charcoal yarn. Should be here this week and I will show you my new master bedroom make-over. I am super excited about the whole thing. I spent all last week killing myself over this white carpet but it is sparkling now.

You like my queen never ending granny? 30 skeins of RH Charcoal, G hook, since Nov. 14. Whew!

My first finished blanket EVER!


Love, Love, Love. 

The pink came from my partners grandma. So I decided to put it in there for something special. It had no label, no voice, so I had to use it sparingly because I couldn't find another pink that color.


Here is where my next project is coming from. My moms book, she let me borrow it. I said borrow, I couldn't talk her out of it. Its only a year old or so. She doesn't crochet much but if she had time she might. I don't see that in her future at the moment. Sorry Momma.


This is what is on my hook right now. Its a Beach Bag from the book. I am making it in 2 colors just like the one shown but mine are ocean water blues and greens. I think this is going to be really pretty and once again I get to get out my button collection and pick through it to see which lovely, shiny, cared for button will take the place of honor and speak for the bag from now on.

Buttons are special.

That's about it for me tonite folks. Not that I don't enjoy being here but I am going to take it easy the rest of the night and work on granny squares for my sons Stormtrooper blanket. Just mindless granny's. I think I can get this done quickly, its just a twin.

So, have a good night. 

I hope to see all of you back again soon. 

Thank You for your time.

I love comments. I read them. Please if you like something let me know. I work hard, and love to share. 

Happy Hookin~







No comments:

Post a Comment