Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Weekend Update

Good Evening, my crochet friends.

I have been doing so many reviews that my crochet sharing has fallen by the wayside this week. 

I have a few things to share with you today.

 I would update what I have been working on all week. Kind of a catch up. I need to think of a catchy name if I plan on making this a regular feature of the blog. That, and I have to make things during the week. Sometimes that is a feat in itself.

I had an order for a bag from a friend of mine. She wanted a tie-dyed yarn. Well, since it was a beach bag and had to be made in cotton I decided to use Sugar and Cream in Psychedelic. That is as close as I could come to an economy yarn. It worked out great.

What do ya think?


The only thing the picture is missing is the flap and the button. 


I looked everywhere for a matching big button and I just didn't have one. I did have some Sculpy Clay and I decided to make my own. Somehow I had the exact colors I needed.

Here are my buttons before the oven...



They look a little wonky in the pan but I rounded the edges out with a spoon and made them smooth. I poked the holes in them with my smallest steel crochet hook. Baked on 200 because they are not thick. 


This is a picture of the pj shorts I am attempting to make. I have got the measurements right. This is the waist and it goes on me just fine. 

Here is the youtube video for the pattern for these easy shorts. They have to be easy because I have been crocheting less than a year and I have never made anything to wear on my bottom half. How bad can it be? The pattern seems easy enough. Yeah, I have heard myself say that before, and I had to frog it all.


Here is another quick project I started. I just have one so far but they have turned out really pretty so far. 

Here is the link to these earring. Be forewarned, the pattern is in spanish but totally understandable. If I can do it, I know you can.



Here is my last project.


A summer scarf.


Made out of a heart motif.


Just keep going until I have 12, then I have to make the other end.

Here is the link to the Heart Scarf if you are interested.



Here is my finished bag with it's new button. 

I am fine with the way it turned out. Actually, I think its really cute.

The button worked fine. I just put a clear coat on it.

Well, thats what I have been up to this week. 

I have a few more projects up my sleeve.

This week I will finish the African Flower Pillow and update here.

I hope you had a great weekend.

I will talk to you soon.

Happy Hookin'
~Crystal









No comments:

Post a Comment