Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas To All!

From~Crystal to All of You <3

Since we will all be busy with our families and such during this Holiday Season I just wanted to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year. 
Its important to me to let the few of you out there know that just you opening the page and looking at my pictures does me good. I don't write this blog for advertisements or free stuff. I honestly enjoy doing all my little projects. In the big world, they might not matter to someone else but they matter to me in my little part and thats all that matters. I love to write and share so thats where my idea of a blog came from. 
I love new people, I am very outgoing but spend most of my time by myself of a daytime. I fill the hours with my newfound love of crochet.
So, this Holiday Season tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. That means way more than any gift, then make a resolution to treat yourself better for the New Year. Thats not so hard, put like that. 
Anyway, its my bedtime. 
I wanted to say Thank You
&
Happy Holidays

Now, for one more quick thing. One of my biggest pet peeves is Red Heart Yarn not pulling from center. Yes, it says so but I can't ever find the yarn barf that other crocheters say is inside. Anyway, I seen the bottom cut off a 2 liter of soda to keep your yarn in on Pinterest to keep it from getting tanged. I do not like to ball yarn. I would rather clean toilets. Sad but true. My yarn bottle didn't work out so well because the Super Saver I had in it was too full. So this is what I came up with after scouring Pinterest for ideas. (I asked Santa for a yarn bowl from our local potter but idk if that is going to happen. I may need to gift it to myself, I DO have a birthday 4 days after Christmas.

Ta-Da! (Don't laugh, it works like a dream)



Ok, I have to admit its a lot on the DIY side but the open hanger goes right thru the yarn and it lets it roll. I am very satisfied with myself although my hubby thought I was crazy.
So what! He isn't crocheting.
Thats my very first blanket. I started it a couple months ago when I started learning to crochet. I had to wait on more yarn. Darn truck! Darn town with no yarn store!
Its just a rose and charcoal never ending granny. It started out as a cali-king size but I got a new cherry sleigh bed for Christmas and its a queen so it wont be quite as large. I have 3 more skeins of charcoal here and maybe that will finish it up. I have intentions on making the pillow covers to go with. I saved the rose to do the middles and the borders. Why not go all the way! I love it.
Its my bedtime.
My UNWRAPPED packages are sitting in my bedroom floor looking at me. I dont know whats wrong with me. I am always so into Christmas, not this year so much. Its been a tough year for us though. I will be glad to see 2015 ring in.
I will get it all caught up in the morning. Thank goodness we celebrate later of an evening on Christmas Eve.
Have a blessed Christmas Eve & a Great Christmas Dinner! 
I will be back with you after it all settles down here.


No comments:

Post a Comment