Thursday, November 20, 2014

Quick Projects Every Day!

Good Afternoon Friends!

Yesterday I didn't feel well but I always feel like I haven't accomplished anything if I don't crochet a quick project (one skein wonder) every day. I decided to search Pinterest and come up with an idea. Well, I love yarn bowls but the are expensive and the Furls one I want is on backorder so I decided to look up t-shirt yarn and see what I could do with it. I came up with a small basket, not made in t-shirt yarn but I knew it would work because T-shirt yarn is like working with chunky yarn. The final project turns out thick, sturdy and standing on its own. I cut up 20 t-shirts the other night just because. If you don't make your own please try. Its the same as the kind you buy in the store.

(this is the make at home option, without crocheting it)
Pretty genius, eh?

 I make my T-shirt yarn at home. Much cheaper and it works just as good. Make sure you are using the right kind of t-shirt. Different blends pull out different way. I am in progress making a kitchen rug. A HUGE one. My DH is helping. Its just a braided round rug. Anyway, my yarn bowl turned out ok. Its hard for me to crochet in the round but I think it turned out ok and it serves its purpose.



Well, here it is. Its ok looking. Actually its really cute and I think I am going to make a few more today. I didn't use a pattern. I just chained what size I thought and went from there. I had never made handles before either but this was EASY! Anyone would to have one of these, small or big, and they work up in half an hour. I am not ashamed of it as I am very new to crochet, its in the round and I am not real good at that either. It's going to keep my yarn from rolling on the dirty floor. I didnt even know I needed it.
Isn't it funny how we don't think we need something until we see we can make it? I dont know if Pinterest is good for me or not. So many ideas and projects. You should see my To-Do list.
I love DIY and work on some kind of project everyday.

I just wanted to update real quick.

Have a warm crochet day!


No comments:

Post a Comment